Last year, essayist Erin J Bernard had nominated me for my very first Liebster Award. It’s a community award given by bloggers to other budding bloggers. I’m not sure I qualify as ‘budding’ any more, having been a travel blogger since January 2015, but I think it’s really sweet of Sheetu to confer this honour upon me this year. And here are my answers to the questions she has posed.
Which trip is always fresh in your memories?
It’s usually my latest one which in this case happens to be my trip to Thailand, where I covered Bangkok and the idyllic town of Kanchanaburi.
Who would you like to be reborn as?
I have no idea. I wouldn’t know what I was signing up for so I think I’m going to sound cliched and say – myself.
One dream location that you would love to travel to?
Ireland – all the photographs look stunningly beautiful. I’ve posted my wanderlust list for 2016 here.
What are your upcoming travel destinations?
Possibly a weekend retreat to Lonavala or a longer trip to Russia.
What is your favorite destination and why?
Rajasthan, for its treasure trove of culture, colours and beautiful towns and villages. I relish staying in heritage hotels and restored palaces.
Where was your first trip?
My first trip as a self sufficient adult was to Kerala, although I had also travelled to Hyderabad on my own before to visit a dear friend.
Your favourite travel quote?
The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only a page. – Saint Augustine
Any place or city you would love to visit again and again?
Paris without a doubt. It was almost my dream city and when I travelled there on my own, I found the city to be everything I had imagined and more.
Travel to you is about…
Exploring without, in the hope of going deeper within. Also, it’s about making the most of the time we have on this beautiful planet.
What is the one lesson you have learned from your trips?
Live in the moment. If you’re always lost in your thoughts, you miss all the beauty and magic around you. Your trips may be short but its the quality of your experience that counts.
Any important tip that you would like to share for new bloggers
Post frequently, and post great content. Don’t take it easy with just photographs and brief listicles – attempt to be as close to journalistic standards as possible.
Now, the Liebster Award rules state that I must nominate 11 others as well but I leave you free to accept the award without continuing the chain if you wish. But if you are keen on perpetuating the appreciation chain, here are the rules:
- Write a thank-you post and mention your nominator
- Answer all the questions posed by your nominator
- Nominate 11 new (or old – I leave it to you) bloggers for the award and let them know by sharing the link to your post
- Ask 11 questions to the nominees
And here are my nominees – all travel bloggers I have discovered recently and really enjoyed reading (in no particular order):
If you accept the word and decide to write the thank-you post, I’d like you to answer the following questions:
- What’s your favourite mode of travel and why (sea/rail/road etc)?
- If you could determine a year to be born in, which one would you choose and why?
- Do you keep a count of the destinations you’ve travelled to?
- What is your favourite dish and do you know how to cook it?
- Name one defining moment in your life.
- If you could fall in love in a particular town, which one would it be?
- Name the capital of Croatia. (Googling allowed as long as you disclose it!)
- Which is more beautiful – sunrises or sunsets?
- If the world were ending, where would you like to be and what would you be doing?
- What is the most adventurous travel experience you’ve had?
- Why do you blog?
It’s always fun for readers to know more about the person behind the blogger. Because we all have a story to tell, don’t we?
Show this blog some love and follow for regular updates: